Familiar Things Launch Giveaway!
Whee, my book is out in the world! Well–partially. Unfortunately, my plans for getting the physical copy of Familiar Things out at the same time as the digital copy fell through. Entirely my fault, I’m afraid. Last week I caught a nasty cold somewhere between New York and Seattle, and it really knocked me for a loop. I’ve been propping myself up for a few hours each day to ease the ebook launch ahead, but I’m afraid I’ve had no time to work on formatting the hardcopy. Now that I’m feeling better (read: less drugged-up and stupid), I promise to get right back to work on that.
(I did watch a ton of movies while I was down, though. Which was fun. I alternated between, “Ooh, deformed hero!” and “Ooh, pretty dresses!” so the plots and titles are all mixed up in my brain, but… wait. So much about my life makes sense, now. Okay, moving on.)
Amazon hasn’t updated the listing with the “Look Inside!” preview option yet, but that’s okay–because you can read the first five chapters right here!
Aaaaand because it’s the book’s birthday, and we’re closing in on Halloween, I’m hosting a giveaway for one of THESE babies!
Those are three Familiar Things gift bags that include:
- An ebook copy of Familiar Things delivered immediately via the magic of the web
- A signed, physical copy of Familiar Things (as soon as they become available)
- A lacy bat-shaped bookmark, crafted by me on my very own sewing machine (color chosen at random) (design by Urban Threads!)
- A selection of old-fashioned and modern Halloween candy, to satisfy that sweet tooth
- And, best of all–a tube of “vintage” lipstick! (color chosen at random)
So, the bookmarks are pretty awesome, but…
DID YOU SAY LIPSTICK?!
Absolutely! For as I was mulling over this giveaway, I thought, “What better prize to celebrate a book set in an alternate-universe 1950s than red lipstick?” And then, my brain did me one better–by reminding me that despite all the noise to the contrary, in the ’50s red was not your only option! There are corals and pinks and even one lone shimmery almost-nude up there. All are Revlon shades that debuted between 1950 and 1962–and are still in production today. I own and use a few of them, myself!*
* Because they aren’t actually vintage. As in, antique. The tubes you see above are fresh and factory sealed. Made recently. You should never, ever put actual antique makeup on your face. You never know what’s in it or where it’s been. Just FYI.
So, the fine print:
- This contest is only open to readers in the US. Sorry, international readers! I’ll do something for you guys soon, because I love you just as much.
- There will be three winners, who will win one gift bag each.
- You may enter as many times as the Rafflecopter god permits!
- The contest ends on November 3rd. I wanted to run the contest early to take advantage of the Halloween colors (did I mention FT is the perfect Halloween book? Cough, cough), but I can’t promise the physical books will be available to ship by November 3rd. I will ship the gift bags once I have the physical books to include in them. This means it may take a few weeks to receive your prize.
- To make up for this, if you’re a winner I will get a digital copy of FT to you immediately!
Good luck–and thank you all for being amazing readers! I really hope you enjoy this book. With FT, I feel like I’m sharing a little bit of my heart with all of you–a heart unburdened by fear.